22 November 2010

'Tis the Season

The Christmas season is upon us.  Actually, it's been skulking in since August, but I refuse to acknowledge it until there is no other choice.  My sentiments for the holiday aside, I LOVE good Christmas music.  Good, as defined by me, includes interesting arrangements, non-traditional artists (for Christmas music, that is), artists from my generation, collaborations (i.e. Bing Crosby & David Bowie), new songs, a general lack of cheesiness (although Christmas songs, in general...well...).  Here are a few albums that fit the bill for me.



Highlights:  
Gabriel's Message by Sting
I Wish Every Day Could Be Like Christmas by Jon Bon Jovi


Highlights:
Christmas All Over Again by Tom Petty
Christmas Time Again by Extreme


Highlights:
I Saw Three Ships by Sting
Christmastime by Smashing Pumpkins
Children Go Where I Send Thee by Natalie Merchant
The Christmas Song by Hootie & the Blowfish
Christmas Song by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds


Highlights:
Please Come Home for Christmas by Jon Bon Jovi
Merry Christmas Baby by Sheryl Crow & Eric Clapton
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Jon Bon Jovi


Highlights:
Christmas Day by Dido


Highlights:
Silent Night by Reba McEntire
Please Come Home for Christmas by Willie Nelson
Peace by Norah Jones


Highlights:
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! by The Carter Twins
Santa Baby by Kellie Pickler


Tune in tomorrow for more selections.  I'm looking forward to some fabulous listening this Christmas season!



1 comment:

  1. I have the first several A Very Special Christmas CD's...Greg hates them, specifically he hates Madonna's Santa Baby but I'm with you on your choices of songs!

    ReplyDelete