25 Random Things
So this is one of those notes on Facebook that gets passed around from time to time, and in the interest of introducing myself to the blogosphere, I decided to post it here.
So here are 25 random things about me...
1. I have desires to journal or blog on a regular basis, because writing is the way I best express myself, but I am lazy.
2. I love to read...I usually have several books going at once (including audiobooks in my car), and I review most of what I read on www.goodreads.com.
3. I believe that there are very few foods which are not improved with one (or more) of the following additions: cinnamon, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms. And avocados...yep, avocados!!
4. I used to play the piano fairly well. In fact, I minored in music in college. However, I can not say today that my playing ability comes anywhere near what it used to be.
5. I am a Law & Order junkie.
6. My husband is a much better cook than I am, but I do almost all of the cooking.
7. I own a few guns. No, they're not my husband's...he has his own.
8. The Republican party is no longer synonymous with consistently conservative principles, and although I am a member of that party, it is not how I define myself politically. I am a conservative, and my political convictions are based NOT on the Republican party line, but on conservative principles & values.
9. My hair is shorter now than it has ever been, and I love it. It took two haircuts from two different stylists to get it the way I wanted it, but once it was right, it ROCKED! For someone who does not enjoy haircuts, this is extremely unexpected!
10. I have donated my hair to Locks of Love...twice.
11. I am a certified scuba diver, but I haven't been diving in about 6 years.
12. I have a master's degree in English, but I have never utilized my degree in the manner it was intended.
13. The best job I have ever had is the one I have now...wife to Phil and mom to Cody.
14. I get almost teary listening to what my son is learning in school, and realizing how smart he is and how fast he is growing up.
15. My ankle tattoo references Psalm 73:26, which says "my flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." That is not the only tat I have, but it is the only one visible when I am dressed.
16. Our house is overrun with animals - both living and toy. 3 cats, one dog, and LOTS of toy animals for a kid who adores them.
17. I love living in the desert. Who knew??
18. Coffee is a dietary staple in our house.
19. We go to the Daytona 500 every year...go Mark Martin!
20. I make lists...a lot.
21. I would like another child, and however God chooses to bring that child into our family is fine by me.
22. I rarely buy new books - I like books that have been read and loved by others.
23. Ross, TJ Maxx & Marshalls provide superb retail therapy at a discounted price! :-D
24. In general, I do not like the holiday season, and Christmas is my least favorite of all holidays. Nor do I like manufactured holidays, i.e. Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, Boss's Day, Secretary's Day, Sweetest Day, My husband's father's maiden aunt's dog's birthday, etc. etc.
25. On the other had, I LOVE celebrating birthdays - mine and everyone else's. I love that everyone has a day devoted to celebrating their presence here on this earth.
BONUS: The past couple of years have been a very intense learning experience for me, both spiritually & emotionally. The more I learn & study, the less I realize I know.