05 August 2011

Randomly Ruminating...part 2

Things I've grown to like (that I never realized I would):
  • The Desert (it's the dry heat)
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Carrying a backpack
  • Doing laundry (ok...stretching a bit, but I do like my washer & dryer)
  • Vacuuming
  • Audiobooks (actually, I LOVE these)
  • Skype
  • Sushi, raw oysters & runny(ish) eggs
  • Having very short hair
  • Deep tissue (painful, bruising) massage - because I feel immeasurably better afterwards
  • Some rap music
  • A drama-free life
  • Being a little out of step with the mainstream
  • Living in the Southwest
  • Making lists

Things I've grown to dislike (that I never realized I would):
  • Most veggie meats (I grew up on them...now...kind of blech)
  • Talking on the phone (for the most part, I'd rather text / FB / IM / email)
  • Having long hair
  • Uber-long books
  • Pumps (very uncomfortable for me - much prefer wedges & platforms)
  • Being a packrat

Things I've decided I want (or need) to do more:
  • Pray
  • Read
  • Write to / visit my long distance friends
  • Work out
  • Spend more time with my local friends
  • Organize my time, my stuff, my house / car, and my life
  • Say what I mean, mean what I say
  • Travel
  • Explore the Southwest
  • Take pictures

Things I've decided I will not do anymore:
  • Eat Lima beans
  • Try to prop up one-sided relationships
  • Fail to clear the air when it is needed
  • Wear pantyhose
  • Be embarrassed by silly stuff
  • Fly Delta (if I can help it)
  • Suffer foolishness or guilt unnecessarily

I want to be better at my life.  More on that...and other things...tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your posts I have read...you sound a lot like me. I dropped by after your visit to my page, by they way thanks for following! I look forward to following you! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete