21 November 2010

BOOKS I LOATHE, WISH I HADN'T READ, OR WILL NEVER READ...EVER

I LOVE making lists.  
I LOVE books.  
I LOVE making lists of books I love to hate.

Have some fun with me - which books would be on your "Most Hated" and/or "Will Never Read" list.  I gotta know!!

Here's mine:

LOATHE(D):
The Sorrows of Young Werther - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The Awakening - Kate Chopin (strangely, I loved this the first time I read it.  The second time...BLECH!!)
The Alchemist - Paul Coelho
The History of Tom Jones, A Foundling - Henry Fielding
Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith - Ann Lamott
The Love Songs of Sappho - Sappho
Slow Waltz at Cedar Bend - Robert James Waller
The Giant's House: A Romance - Elizabeth McCracken
The Flawless Skin of Ugly People - Doug Crandell
The Family - Mario Puzo
Angela's Ashes - Frank McCourt


WISH I HADN'T READ:
The Family - Mario Puzo (I wish I could scrub this one out of my memory)

**Generally I feel this way only rarely, because it's HUGELY satisfying to write a scathing book review!


WILL NEVER READ...EVER:
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
Naked Lunch - William Burroughs
Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
Anything else by Mitch Albom
Anything else by Paul Coelho
Anything else by Rebecca Wells

I'm calling this a list in progress.  Super fun!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment